Monday, August 5, 2013

To God be the Glory

Spiritual Warfare.  Gosh, it’s exhausting.  From before we even left our homes to come, the attacks began: sickness, 911 calls, family emergencies.  The day we left:  I was sent on a goose chase around LAX to find the terminal I was supposed to check in at – NO ONE KNEW!  My ticket only said United, but United had no record of me – it wasn't until 30 minutes before my plane left that someone found the mistake.  By the GRACE of God, I made it.  Once we arrived: No luggage – Lufthansa thought it a smart idea to send half our plane’s luggage to South Africa so they could downsize the plane.  However, that meant our luggage didn't arrive until 11p the NEXT day.  That’s cool.  Then on the way home, tire blew in our friend’s van.  No one carries spares, as tires here are around $300.  Once up in the room, literally my watch exploded, flash light stopped working, AC in our room was broken, as well as our fridge.  My camera broke.  OH, and I became seriously ill… you know, that fever and pure strep throat thing; the kind where you can’t even swallow your own spit.  Ghana isn't like Mexico or the US where you can just run to any old pharmacy and grab the latest antibiotic to help you out…  but again, God prevailed.  As we were pulling up this little pharmacy, I prayed like crazy for a Z Pack.   And the poor man behind the counter looked at me like I was crazy, then I begged him for an antibiotic.  His eyes lit up, and he returned with the mightily coveted Z Pack – that wasn't even expired.  Fever gone, 80% better.

Why is Satan fighting so hard against us?  Could it be because we were here to witness 2 families receive news that their kids’ visas were ready to be printed (THEY GET TO COME HOME!!)?  Could it be the amazing meetings that have taken place between our directors here in Ghana and Anita and I?  Could it be programs that are being established to further His Kingdom’s work and to help restore His world?  And friends, we are just on day 2 of being here.  We still have almost 10 full more days here.  God is definitely the ALMIGHTY ONE and I have yet to understand the reason he is allowing me to come on this ride with him.


 I leave you with a great picture of a sweet kiss my Jesus gave me tonight:  As we were walking to buy more water, God led 2 of our old Ghanaian friends to walk home instead of taking the trotro which allowed our paths to cross.  As they did not know we were in Ghana, and we believed they were at school, it was such a sweet moment of blessing when our eyes met on the street corner.  I felt the embrace of my Jesus in their arms – a sweet kiss, reassuring us that He is on our side.  But man, what a site to see for the locals, I’m sure:  This crazy abruni (white person) jumping up and down in the middle of the street, embracing our friends and giggling with joy.  A familiar face that was Jesus' face to me tonight.

x,
b

No comments: