Friday, July 6, 2012

let us start, yet once again...

Hi.  I'm Brandi, and I am trying to be a recovering "task not finisher" person.  YES, I suffer, WAIT, my husband suffers w/ my ADD.  I'm pretty darn good at having great ideas, not so great at finishing them all, hence the blog that hasn't been kept up with.  So, as you have noticed, I haven't written in almost 2 years because frankly, I've had SO much on my plate - mostly great stuff, but the blog was not a priority, so it fell by the waste side.  The blog used to be about our journey in bringing our sweet little boy, Sammy, home from Ghana and our journey that lead up to his homecoming... oh wait, I was a first time mom who had an 18month old girl (or somewhere around that age) and I was so that mom that thought life was SO hard w/ one kid - I'm laughing at myself out loud right now, because moms of multiple kids knows how so sweet and easy it is with just one, I was also trying to deal with my heart which was in Ghana at the time with my boy longing to be with him and worrying about him every moment, and I had this little thing called cancer (I'm all good now!) and lets just say, I sucked at juggling.  But, here I am.  And I want to start again.

Lets recap:  I'm Brandi, mom of 3: Sammy, 4yrs, Adalee 3yrs (really only 4mo younger than Sammy), and Sophia, 7mo.  We have 3 kids from 3 different vehicles: birth, international adoption, and domestic adoption.  We've been through the ringer with a gamete of emotions with all of the homecoming of our kiddos and know the heartache and joy of each experience.  I am so lucky to be a stay at home mom- however, by NO MEANS am I a homemaker - unless you consider making my home messy with crafts, sewing, art, kid books, toys, lots of kids, laundry, etc.  And, I'm married to the hottest, most sexy man on the planet, who is my biggest supporter, encourager,the best husband/friend, and daddy anyone could ask for, Jesse.  Oh, and he is a pastor, which makes me a pastor's wife - YIKES.  Don't judge me, you know you are, because I kinda am.

Lately, I have been feeling a stirring inside that there is MORE; more to me, more to this life, more to God than I have experienced.  I am feeling like God is getting ready to revamp me (maybe bc of the aforementioned)  I have an idea as to what He might do and I am thinking that there is going to be a LOT of pruning in these next few months... so, what do you say - want to sit back, totally stalk our lives, laugh at my stupidity, smile at my cute kids, cry with me as I discover what this more is?

xo,b

1 comment:

~Mrs. Hughes said...

Welcome back to blogland!!! Excited to follow you!