Wednesday, February 13, 2013

40 Days of Lent for Kids, days1-4

You didn't think I'd do it did you... well, here it is! :) 40 DAYS OF LENT FOR KIDS, DAYS 1-4 Granted it's just days 1-4, but still.  SUPER DUPER DISCLAIMER:  I'm not computer or blog savvy at all, at all, at all.  So, yes - there's probably another way to upload the PDF or get the columns and pictures to align better in the devo - but I'm a crazy busy mama, details are just going to have to slide.  (however, if you know a better way - LMK, I love suggestions.  Sorry it ain't all pretty.)

Here's my vision for this:  I totally stole the idea from the Jesse Tree where you read scripture and color an "ornament" everyday the month leading up to Christmas (I guess I could have just said December, duh - it's been a long day!) teaching you and preparing you for Jesus' birth.  Well, although my Christmas tree did just get taken down not too long ago, it's actually not up, so I'm not making ornaments with the kids, but more like stringing the coloring rectangles everyday and hanging the garland, for us - in our entry way so my babes can show off their work to whomever walks in.  I'm curious as to what you'll do with yours.  Let me know.  Share your ideas.

I'm excited to start this journey of Lent with my kiddos and I hope these are encouraging to you as well.  Of course, I wrote this with a very specific audience in mind - two 4 year olds and a 1 year old, but even if you have older kids - do the Bible reading together and there's SO much you could discuss.  Let me know if you need any direction.

A little secret.  I used to be a youth leader in my former life, I mean, I did go to school for Christian Education Leadership and have my degree in youth pastoring...haha. But wow, it feels so long ago so I'm a little rusty, no judging.  Plus my sweet age was more like 11-18.  I loved those junior high and high schoolers.   But hey, now I have myself a young brood.  So we're doing bible reading and corny coloring because that's what they love. I hope your babes will like it too.

x, b

2 comments:

Lindsey Kliewer said...

just discovered your blog! i so appreciate your intentionality in life and parenting, as well as how you share your unique perspective on both! i enjoy learning more about you through your words!

Brandi said...

Thanks Linds! xo. :) What an encouragement.